ipv6 Secure NDP
Subhash Gopinath
2007-05-08 23:43:12 UTC
Hello folks,

Is there a plan to implement ipv6 SEND (secure NDP) in FreeBSD?
There's a userspace implementation by DoCoMo, but thats not yet
in the official ports collection.

Thanks,
--Subhash
Mohacsi Janos
2007-05-09 07:51:06 UTC
There was a plan to implement SEND at KAME, but due to IPR issues
KAME did not start the implementation:
http://www.kame.net/newsletter/20040525/

Maybe it could be implemented in Google Summer of Code for any BSD.

Regards,

Janos Mohacsi
Network Engineer, Research Associate, Head of Network Planning and Projects
NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY
Key 70EF9882: DEC2 C685 1ED4 C95A 145F 4300 6F64 7B00 70EF 9882
Karl Sjödahl - dunceor
2007-05-10 05:59:44 UTC
Hi,
Post by Subhash Gopinath
Hello folks,
Is there a plan to implement ipv6 SEND (secure NDP) in FreeBSD?
There's a userspace implementation by DoCoMo, but thats not yet
in the official ports collection.
Thanks,
--Subhash
There is still patent issues with SEND as far as I know so I do not
see how this could be implemented in a GSoC? Microsoft which has
claims wants a licence from them I think.

I got interested in this now and since I work at Ericsson I will look
this up and see what the status is from the Ericsson side of it.

BR
Karl